Thursday, February 11, 2010

TV Shows I Can't Live Without

I love television, it makes me laugh, it makes me cry, it sucks me and for just a little bit, it makes me forget about all the other crap happening in the world. I wouldn't say I watch a lot of television but there are a few shows that I can't live without.  Here's what I watch every week:

The Bachelor. This is the cheesiest of all the shows I watch. Do I watch it because deep down I am a hopeless romantic? I love watching people in love. Not that anyone on this show is actually in love, but they (usually) do a good job making the viewers think they are. I also love watching The Bachelor because I usually watch it with a friend. 

Modern Family. This show was new this fall and I cannot get enough of it. Every week I laugh so hard I cry. If you haven't seen this show, go to abc.com now and watch an episode or two.  I promise, you won't be disappointed. 

Survivor. Some seasons I watch this and some I don't, but I am very excited for the season that starts tonight. Tonight they're bringing back a lot of the favorites in Heros vs. Villans. I don't necessarily like a lot of the drama on Survivor and sometimes some of the people are really stupid, but I enjoy watching the challenges and the last two seasons there have been some big surprises during Tribal Council that make it interesting.

The Office. I don't consider myself to have a dry sense of humor, but I think you kind of need one to enjoy this show. I love Dwight and Jim's hateful relationship and I love Jim and Pam's love story. It's all hilarious and sometimes appauling, and I love it. If you ever want to get started watching it, I own seasons 1-5, it's best to start at the beginning.

Ellen. I think Ellen's show is a lot of fun and I really enjoy watching it in the afternoon while I'm working around the house and Adrianne is taking a nap. She is funny, has great guests, and always does nice things for random people. If you're ever home at 3 o'clock in the afternoon and need a relaxing, fun show to watch, flip on Ellen.

Other shows I watch, but not religiously are CSI (Las Vegas, Miami or NY), Criminal Minds, NCIS, and Grey's Anatomy.

Thank goodness we don't have cable, or this list might be a lot longer. I really try and limit the amount of TV I watch and if I miss an episode, I can always catch it online during naptime.

What shows do you like?

1 comment:

  1. My favorites right now are Big Bang Theory (please tell me you've seen it?), Modern Family (love love love it), and Extreme Makeover Home Edition (on the off-chance that I haven't had a good cry through the week, it cleans out the tear ducts real well!)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!