It seems like just yesterday we were young newly weds and not long before that we were in college and, wow, it's been 10 years since we graduated high school! I don't feel like an adult, when and how did all this happen?
This morning I looked in the mirror and noticed I'm looking older, definitely older than I feel, that's for sure. I've got the, I don't get much sleep bags under my eyes; the yes, my hormones are still off track from having a baby - pimples and also because of my beautiful daughter and my mother's genes, the gray hairs on my head are starting to multiply almost daily. Geez, getting old sucks.
Another thing about getting old and having a baby is your clothing changes. I used to be able to wear these cute little dresses and halter tops and short shorts and that's one thing I loved about summer - my CUTE clothes. Do they make cute clothes that actually cover a girl up a little? I don't need to bend over to pick up my kid and have my ass hanging out of my pants. And my daughter already pulls on my shirts enough, I can't wear these super low cut shirts because she'll make my boobs pop out. I feel like the clothes go from what I wore in high school to what my mother wears (no offense or anything mom, you dress nice and all, but you're how many years older than me?) Where's the cute clothes for us almost 30 somethings?
So today I'm going searching for a new summer wardrobe, I'm scheduling a hair appointment to cover up these grays and I'm going to give myself a facial. The numbers may be getting higher, but I don't have to look and feel like it everyday.







So true, Lindsey!
ReplyDelete