Now that Adrianne is older, I have been trying to get her out a little more so she can interact with other children and get used to other adults. I definitely don't want her to be one of those kids that can't play well with other children or who is attached to her parents everywhere we go.
To help with this, and to help me, I joined Mother's & More. I actually joined before she was born, but am just starting to get involved with the group. They have been great, for both of us. We go to playgroups and lunch bunch, I go to Mom's night out and other meetings they have to help mom's out. We have an online forum where we can ask questions about all those parenting things we need a little help with - it's great. I've made a couple really good friends and so has Adrianne.
I met Julie through M&M and she has a little girl named Dylann who is a few months older than Adri. Dylann and Adrianne play together at least a couple times a week, it's great. We're sure they are going to be best friends growing up. Ellie (our dog) has also made a new best friend, Fremont, Julie's boxer. Now when Dylann comes here to play or Adrianne goes there to play, the dogs come along too. Julie and I have a lot in common too - we are both married to engineers, our houses have red walls inside and we both love the Bachelor (which we have been watching together the last few weeks).
Here's Adrianne & Dylann bundled up for a walk one afternooon:
And Fremont giving Adrianne some loving
Some other friends we've made are the Walker's. We met Aaron and Jeni in our childbirth classes at the hospital and got together once before our babies were born. Their son, Forrest was born the day before Adrianne at the same hospital. I hope Adrianne and Forrest will have a lifelong connection because of the unique situation that we met.
Here's Adrianne and Forrest in December:
I have mentioned our friends, The Marsh's in many posts, we spend a lot of time with them. Gerry and Julie have a son, Landon who is 2. Landon loves Adrianne and loves when she comes to play. In fact, she was there yesterday and was SO sad when she left. Adri definitely knows who Landon is and gets very excited when she sees him. We even have a picture of him on our refrigerator and everytime she sees it she tries to say Landon (it comes out "nanon").
I don't have any recent pictures of them together (note to self, take picture soon). But here's one of Landon holding Adri when she was little and then them at the pumpkin patch together:
Thank goodness for good friends!







No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!