"People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one." ~Leo J. Burke
As new parents the question we are asked most is, "Is she sleeping through the night?"And for many months we could proudly say, "Yeah, we haven't had any problems with sleep; in fact, Adrianne has been sleeping through the night since she was about two months old." Gosh, were we lucky!
But of course this was all too good to go on forever and sometime in the last month Adrianne's sleep schedule has gotten WAY off track.
We keep telling ourselves that this is just a phase... growth spurt, teething, milestones, etc.... But how long are we going to let this "phase" last? It's not like she's going to stop getting teeth or stop growing anytime soon.
When we first had Adrianne we told each other we would not let our child sleep in our bed, this was our bed, she had her bed. HA HA HA! Adrianne has been sleeping in our bed off and on for a couple weeks now and it sucks. I love having her close to me and holding her, but it makes for really crappy sleep (and I am a woman who needs her sleep!) For those people that have chosen to have their child(ren) cosleep, how do you do it?
We started putting Adri in our bed because she would sleep there and we didn't have to stay up and rock her or anything so we could get some sleep too. Yes, I know this was a terrible habit to start, and now we're trying to break it! This past week we had great naps almost every day (fabulous!) and three nights of uninterrupted sleep - all in her OWN bed!
I'd like to say we were on a roll, but then Thursday and Friday nights turned to crap and she's been visiting our bed at night.
SO, my friends, if you've got advice, please leave it. I'm just starting a book called Sleeping Through The Night by Jodi Mindell so hopefully that will help.
Needless to say, we're tired, and no our child is not sleeping through the night (anymore).








No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!