Sunday, September 12, 2010

West Yellowstone

After leaving the Meckel's, we drove to West Yellowstone, MT to stay the night before driving into Yellowstone the next day. In West Yellowstone we went to the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center where you can get an upclose look of wolves and grizzly bears like those in Yellowstone. Also at the center there is a really great education area - I thought I knew a lot about wolves and bears already, but they had some good information.

There was one wolf that was very interested in Adrianne, he spent the entire time watching her so I got some really great pictures of it. I've only put one picture here but you can see a slideshow of our entire trip here to see the rest.

I was a little disappointed that they only had two of their eight grizzly bears out at one time. If you want to see all of their grizzly bears you'd have to stay several hours because they rotate them in and out of the exhibit. It looked like they might be building an additional bear exhibit, so maybe it will be better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!