Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kansas City Trip

It had been 9 months since we made a trip to see our friends in Kansas City so we decided with the big game last weekend, it would be a good time to go. We spent Friday night at Ryan's Aunt Sherry's house - we had a yummy dinner, got to spend time with his family, played games and then on Saturday morning Adrianne got to spend a little time with Aunt Sherry. Saturday late morning/early afternoon we went to The Legends to do a little shopping. We were clothes shopping for me, but I didn't end up with anything! Ryan got several new things and Adrianne got a K-State cheerleading outfit for the game. Did I mention I was the one that needs new clothes!! Although I would have liked to do a little more shopping, the game was at 3:30 and we didn't want to miss it! We went to The Smith's house for the game and that's where we stayed Saturday night. Several of our other friends from KC came over and we watched a horrible game. We were all pretty disappointed because K-State played like crap - they deserved to lose. We are still very proud of them for making it to the Elite Eight, it's a huge accomplishment! We grilled after the game and stayed up much later than we should have. Sunday morning we went to church at Valley View UMC - the church we went to when we lived in KC. It was so nice being there, seeing people we know and miss. Sunday afternoon we had lunch at The Shivers' Home and then headed home. It was a quick trip, but it was so nice to see family and friends.

Here are a few pics from the weekend:

Our Little Wildcat!

Brian is such a goof!

Carter

Amber & Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!