Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Updates on Sleep and Breastfeeding

Just in case you're interested.... the sleeping thing is going really well. We now have a new bedtime routine and Adrianne is putting herself to sleep (usually with out crying). She has been sleeping in her own bed and most nights she sleeps through the night!!! It was really hard the first few nights letting her cry herself to sleep, but it was so worth it! Now there is rarely any crying at bedtime, she's sleeping great and her nap schedule is an actual schedule - a routine!!

Now for breastfeeding, or pumping, which is what I'm doing. I have cut back from pumping four times a day to three times a day and will cut back to two times a day this weekend. It's kind of scary to me that I won't be able to make milk anymore. Weird, huh? It has felt so good to be able to provide for Adrianne and I'm kind of sad that I won't be anymore. And then I remember, I have a freezer FULL of my milk, so I am still providing for her. All that work I was doing is going to pay off. It's going to take a while for me to quit all together, but I'm going to do it. My body is definitely noticing a difference already - that I'm not so happy about. I've got my period back and my acne is coming back - isn't being a mom fun? I'm pretty worried about gaining weight after I've quit breastfeeding, so it's time to have a regular work out plan. I went to the Y tonight and worked out, hopefully I'll be able to keep it up. I bought size 2 jeans last week (I'm pretty excited) and they fit now, so hopefully I can keep it that way. Not that I ate crap before, but now I'm really going to have to watch it - yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!