Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ellie

Ellie is our 4 1/2 year old boxer, she is clingy, hyper, obnoxious and makes me crazy. I love her, but she's almost too much for me to tolerate right now. Unless she is outside or locked back in the bedroom, she is under my feet or pacing around the house - it drives me nuts that she can't just lay down and be lazy like a normal dog. I have thought about getting rid of her a lot lately but I know she is just too attached to me to be able to live somewhere else. I know some of the cooped up energy she has is our fault, she doesn't get to go on walks or get played with very often. She knows how to walk on a leash, but is just too damn stubborn to obey and I don't have the energy to work with her on it. The one good thing about Ellie is that Adrianne loves her - she crawls on Ellie, pulls her ears and collar and Ellie just takes it. The one thing that Ellie doesn't understand is she can't be jumping and excited around Adrianne - she's gotten really bad about that lately. Another thing Ellie does that I just can't stand is chase the cat - I hate that. She knows not to and stops when we yell at her, but why do I always have to yell at her for it? I honestly just can't imagine getting rid of her, but don't know that I have the patience to keep her. Ahhh, what to do, what to do? I'm sure we'll keep her because it would just kill me to get rid of her. Maybe we'll send her back to obedience school - anyone have any recommendations on good training programs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!