Monday, April 26, 2010

Wichita Prairie Fire Half-Marathon

I just signed up to walk/jog the Wichita Prairie Fire Half-Marathon on 10.10.10. What was I thinking? It's just been a goal I made for myself recently - to complete a half-marathon and hopefully, someday, a full. I was hoping to travel somewhere for my first half but it doesn't look like that's going to happen, and I've got to start somewhere, so today I paid the almost $50 for the Wichita half. Now I have to get my butt in gear and get training so I don't die in October. New pair of shoes - check. Pedometer - check. Jogging stroller - check. I guess I don't have any excuses - tomorrow I'll walk an easy 2 miles to get started.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Girlie! You can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! My eventual post-baby goal is a mere 5K and I have a feeling that will nearly kill me! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!