Friday, March 5, 2010

Grace

Grace is our cat. I got her when I was a sophomore at K-State because a cat was all my apartment would allow. She was only 6 weeks old or so when I got her from the Manhattan Humane Society and I ended up picking her over the really cute and fuzzy 5-toed black cat because Grace stuck her claws in my clothing and would not let go, so I took her home. Grace has moved I don't know how many times with me, lived a while with my parents, survived the addition of Ellie and then Adrianne. She is a great cat. She is even good with Adrianne; she lets Adri drag her around by her collar, pull her hair and ears and poke her eyes and doesn't bite her.

Recently, I've been joking that Grace is dying. She's not, by the way. I just say this because she's been doing weird things, like laying in the bath tub and shower (she HATES water), climbing under the blankets on the chair or on our bed, plays with her tail all the time, lays in weird places, and she's turned in to a social cat. What the heck? It kind of cracks me up because her personality has changed so much over the years and I usually thought cats got grumpier as they got older but mine seems to be getting jovial instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!