Every spring I attempt to grow herbs in pots and pretty flowers and plants in my front gardens. Every year I fail. Last year my herbs didn't even make it a month and I thought I did okay with my plants and flowers but they were almost all dead this year and didn't come up. The only thing that did come up were my daises - the daises I planted in the pot there just to the left of the steps - which are no longer in the pot but all over the garden. All those things that look like weeds all over the garden are daises and there is not a single daisy in the pot! I knew daises spread, that's why I put them in a pot, so I'm just astonished that they all moved out of my pot. So here's my front garden - I have a lot of work to do - it looks like crap.

Here are the herbs I just planted. So far, the cilantro is the only thing that looks like it's not going to make it. I hope I can keep these going because fresh basil, mint and rosemary are great for cooking! I will water my herbs, I will water my herbs....
You might have better luck putting your herbs in plastic pots. The clay gets super hot in the sun and bakes the root system.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Elizabeth - I'll go get some plastic pots.
ReplyDelete