Saturday, May 7, 2011

Girls On The Run 5K

Last year, my neighbor was inspired to start a Girls On The Run program in Sedgwick County. After lots of planning and work, she was approved and started fundraising and planning the first GOTR event in Wichita to prepare for the launch of the program in schools this fall. The first event was a girls only 5K this Mother's Day weekend. The inaugural race was a HUGE success, there were over 1000 participants, and I was one of them! This race was my first 5K and at 27 weeks pregnant I finished the 3.1 miles in an hour - obviously not a great time, but I finished and that's what matters! The race went pretty quick because my best friend, Ann, was walking with me - I don't think I would have made it without someone to talk to and keep me going. Thanks Ann, it was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!