Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Easter was a lot of fun at the Philbrick house this year. Saturday morning we had a big Brookview Street gathering for breakfast and an egg hunt, even the Easter bunny stopped in for a visit. The kids had a fun bunny craft they worked on while some of the daddy's hid the eggs. Adrianne loved finding eggs and came home with a huge basket of eggs filled with candy and stickers.
 Our little cheeseball! 
Easter morning was a little crazy at our house - we were so busy trying to get lunch around and get ready for church I didn't have time to get the camera out to take a single picture - yet another mommy fail! When Adrianne woke up she was so excited to see her basket with a new baby doll  (one that can go in the bath tub), a chocolate bunny, and some more candy-filled eggs in it. She was so excited to see her baby could take a shower with us that morning!

I love going to church on Easter morning - it's such a joyful occasion. I love seeing all the little girls in their pretty dresses and all the little boys looking handsome in their suits. I LOVE the music - I wish we could sing Christ The Lord Has Risen Today every Sunday morning. I love singing the Hallelujah Chorus with the choir. I love the scripture read on Easter morning - it makes me think, what would it have been like to be Mary Magdalen, to be the first person to know that Christ has risen? I love, love, love Easter.

I volunteered to have Easter lunch at our house this year because I hate having to try to fit everyone in on every single holiday and running around until we are ragged. We had lunch at our house - I made a ham and this incredible blackberry jello salad and everyone else brought stuff to go with it and it was YUMMY. It was so nice being at home.

Since I failed to get the camera out all day, I will get a picture of Adrianne in the cute Easter dress her Nana made for her and get it posted soon. We're so lucky we have someone in the family who can sew - Adrianne's dresses are always one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!