Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas

Each year Christmas is pure chaos at our house. We run around trying to see all our family and I feel like I never really enjoy the holiday. Each year I say we're going to stay home next and every year I don't hold my ground and we have a crazy year just like all the previous. I wish I could say we enjoyed a quiet Christmas at home this year, but it was another crazy Christmas.

Our Christmas celebrations started a week before Christmas this year when we celebrated with Ryan's dad, step-mom, sister and brother-in-law. We had a yummy dinner and opened presents, here are a few pictures of the evening:
Our only family picture from the holidays
Eric & Anne
Adrianne & Grandpa Gene

We actually had no plans on Christmas Eve except to go to church. We spent the day doing some last minute shopping and getting food ready for Christmas day. We picked my Grandma Boyer up and took her to church with us - I think she was really glad to get out and go to an actual church service.

Christmas morning we woke up (this will probably be the last year we will get to sleep past 8am on Christmas morning) and my parents and brother came over to open presents and eat breakfast. My friend Cindi (I've written about her and her daughter Mallory on here before) her Dad dresses up as Santa every year and this year he came to visit Adrianne on Christmas morning. Adrianne didn't know what to think about Santa coming to her house, but he brought her a present and candy, so I think she think's he's alright. After Santa left, I urged my family to start opening presents, we had a HUGE pile to get through in a short amount of time.

             Adrianne & Santa Claus                 Adrianne checking out her new kitchen
 Adrianne and Ryan
           I got a new Willow Tree figure      Adrianne trying out her new rocking chair
 Adrianne using her new Leapfrog Tag Jr. Reader
 Mom made Kyle an Alabama blanket     We got dad a new hunting sweatshirt

 After we opened presents at our house we went to my Aunt Lynn & Uncle Butch's house to have the big Boyer family meal and Christmas. We didn't get the camera out much while we were there, so we only have one picture to share.
Me, Grandma & Adrianne

The day after Christmas was a Sunday, we went to church, then had lunch with my parents and Grandma, and then we went to Ryan's Mom's house to have Christmas with their family. We opened presents, played games and had a big, yummy meal. I'm sure someone got pictures here, but it wasn't us.

Late Sunday night we packed up and went to Scott City to see Ryan's Grandmother, Aunt Sherry, Uncle Brett and their kids. We opened presents had another big yummy meal, did a little shopping and Ryan went hunting.
Adrianne and Grandma Joyce
My silly little girl
 Adrianne & Aunt Sherry 
 Parker & Cole

So it was another chaotic Christmas. It was nice to spend time with family that we don't see that often, but I definitely came home feeling like I needed a vacation to recoup.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like that is the same kitchen! Santa brought M's in pastel colors (the poor kid has everything else in primary, he must have thought she needed girly colors!). How does Adri like it?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!