Sunday was Hanging of the Greens at church. I love HoG - it's one of my favorite things that our church does. This year was especially fun because Adrianne could take part in the service. Everyone (that wants one) gets a job and different people and groups sing and we decorate the church for Advent.
Adrianne loved clapping for each group when they finished singing
The youth choir sang "Christmastime is Here"
A family decorating the sanctuary Christmas tree
It's tradition for the couple most recently married in the church
to hang the mistletoe and then kiss underneath it.
Our Associate Pastor and her husband sang (I can't remember the song)
Placing the candles at the end of the pews
Adrianne's job was to carry in a piece of the creche with some of the other kids. It was a little nerve wrecking on the mom's when they handed each of our kids a piece to carry, we all were praying our kids wouldn't drop it and break it.







No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!