I can't remember the last time I sewed - maybe 6-8 years ago. I wasn't sure I would remember how to sew, but I got the urge and pulled out my sewing machine. I would say remembering how to sew is like remembering how to ride a bike but I don't really ride bikes well, sewing was much easier than the last time I tried to ride a bike!
I've been exploring Prudent Baby a website for do-it-yourselfers and found tons of things I want to make. I started with a simple Hooded Baby Towel for a couple of our friends that are having babies soon. I love the hooded towel my Aunt Lynn made for Adrianne and thought that would be a great addition to their shower gifts. I thought they turned out cute, I hope they like them!
I also thought burp cloths would be easy, cute and useful. I really loved the handmade burp cloths we received so I hope these are useful to our friends. This is just the first set, hopefully I'll get a couple more sets made tomorrow.
It's amazing I've actually found a little time to do something I enjoy. Adrianne is getting better about playing on her own and I'm finding ways to be productive (when I want to be!)








cool burpies! i'm sure i just stumbled upon your blog randomly. i like to click on people's names after they've left a comment on someone's blog, like Joy's Hope or Whatever...i'm glad you found me too! did you get your purse?
ReplyDelete