Monday, August 23, 2010

A Day In My Life

The other day my friend, Lacy, on her blog had A Day In The Life, and I thought it was so much fun. I know she doesn't have a glamorous life, but it was fun to read about what she does all day. Her son is 6, so her day is a little different than mine, but it's still fun to hear about what other SAHM's do all day. So here's what Adrianne and I do during the day while Ryan is at work.

This morning Adrianne woke up at 7:30am. I went in and pulled her out of her crib and changed her diaper. Then we headed into the kitchen for cheerios and yogurt for breakfast. While she eats her cheerios, I feed the dogs and let them out. Then I help her eat her yogurt.


After breakfast she wanted to sit on the couch and play with the Wii remote. I wanted to relax a little, so that was a nice break.

Anytime we go in to my bathroom, Adrianne has to dig in to ALL the drawers, it makes me crazy! I have one big drawer with lots of junk in it for her, but no, she wants to be like mommy and use all of mommy's stuff. Today, she wanted to comb her hair.

A couple weeks ago I was in showering and Adrianne was supposed to be playing in the bathroom but she just stood outside my door crying. So I stripped her and put her in the shower with me and she loved it. So now she showers with me in the mornings and we usually don't have to give her a bath in the evening.

All clean!

After we were clean, we had to get dressed. We weren't going anywhere special today, so it's just a knit shorts and t-shirt kind of day (for both of us).
We're keeping my parents' dog, Squirt, while they are in Alaska and he is a pain in the butt to get outside and back in. He can't go down the deck stairs by himself - they are too steep and he is little - so we have to carry him down EVERY time we take him outside. He can climb up them by himself but we have to coax him to do so. Here's Ellie and Squirt waiting to come inside.
Adrianne is very clinging and wants to be held A LOT. I try not to hold her all the time, she needs to get over that, but sometimes I just can't help it! She's only going to be little once.
I think someone is getting tired. Maybe two someones.
I put Adrianne down for a nap and while she slept I finished getting around and tried to clean up around the house a little bit. Here's what I see when she's woken up and I go in to get her.
Adrianne wants to listen to the music her dolls make before she gets out of her crib.
Sometime this morning or afternoon I made coconut macaroons with my new Thrive mix. They are YUMMY! (Another post is coming about Thrive soon, I just learned about it and signed up to be a consultant).
Lunch! I had leftover homemade pizza and Adrianne had leftover pasta and meatballs, peas, and pears.
After lunch, we played in the playroom. Adrianne loves to pull toys out of her bins.
Today was the first day she climbed up and went down the slide on her own! Usually she climbs up and then climbs back down.
I thought we would try playdough today. Adrianne has never played with it and my Parents As Teachers newsletter suggested it. At first Adrianne tried to eat it (of course) but then I showed her how to squeeze it and break it apart and she loved it. Later we got out the cookie cutters and made letters with our playdough.
It's about 2:10 and Adrianne is starting to get whiny and clinging so I think maybe she's ready for another nap. So I go in and lay her down.
Then I layed down.
But Adrianne didn't lay down long. I made her fuss for a while, hoping she would go to sleep, but no luck. So I went in and got her.
Adrianne's diaper was pretty dry when I picked her up, so we went and sat on the potty. But she didn't do anything.
I think she is still tired.
My cousin and her two girls wanted to go play in the fountains at New Market Square so we packed up and went up to play for a bit.
Crying baby who wants her momma - it's time to go home and try that nap again.
Adrianne asked for a snack so we had some goldfish before nap.
She napped from 4:45-6:30. Diaper changes always follow naps. Adrianne was screaming and needed her cow to make things better.
Adrianne wanted her dada and I was happy to hand her over. She will hang with dad most of the evening while I try and get things done.
So that's a fairly typical day. I know it's not glamorous but it's what I've chosen and love. I wanted to share so you could see why I stay at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!