Tonight we had Amy Brown, a girl that I babysat when I was younger, come babysit for us while Ryan and I went to a concert at church. This was the first night that we had to pay a babysitter to go out, but it was no big deal. Adrianne LOVED Amy and wasn't sad at all to see us leaving the house.
It's rather bizarre having someone that I babysat coming to stay with my child. I babysat for the Brown's from 1994-2005 - over ten years! I felt like I raised those three children. I kept Amy's two older siblings: Erin, who is a senior in college and Justin, who is a freshman in college, before she was born. I remember where I was when I got the call that Amy's mom was in labor with her and remember countless night of rocking her before bed. Geez, if that doesn't make me feel old, I'm not sure what would.
I'm going to go pluck gray hairs out of my head now, to try and help myself not look as old as I feel!








I bet it felt liberating to pay a sitter & know Adrianne was well cared for! Good for you! BTW, you look for fabulous for an old lady. ;-)
ReplyDelete