After having two children, I've decided my body was really never meant to carry or deliver a baby. I'm not sure what everyone else feels like post-pregnancy, but it's been over three weeks and I still feel crappy. I don't remember anyone in childbirth prep class mentioning that the first 4-6 weeks of your baby's life were going to miserable. Especially since all you want to do is sit and snuggle your new baby but sitting is IMPOSSIBLE. Not to mention the no sleep, but that’s another whole blog post in itself. Back to the not being able to sit problem…This weekend I went to a movie with a friend and had to take my inflatable donut with me just so I could sit through the movie. Yes, if you went to see The Help on Saturday afternoon and heard some weird noises before the movie started, that was me blowing up my donut. And those weird noises during the movie, that was me moving around and my rubber donut squeaking. Talk about embarrassing.
Another post-pregnancy realization. I should have taken stock in Tuck’s pads and those gigantic feminine pads because you go through those like they’re going out of style after you’ve had a baby. Talk about being able to fill a landfill. Again, this was not something anyone mentions BEFORE you have a baby. Not that I wouldn’t have still wanted a baby, but the whole feeling like I’m wearing a diaper and needing Tuck’s pads is really not fun. Oh yeah, and the whole using a water bottle to rinse after you go to the bathroom, I really think that should be mentioned in child-birth prep class, just one other thing I didn’t expect.
I wanted to write all this after I had Adrianne, because really, it was all a huge surprise to me and really a big pain in the butt (literally and figuratively) but thankfully knew what to expect this second time around. Why doesn’t this get talked about in those classes?
I know I will get better, hopefully quicker this time than my first pregnancy, but it just seems to take forever and I’m tired of donuts, Tuck’s and feminine pads, water cleansing bottles and pain killers. And yet, after all this complaining, I wouldn’t trade my two beautiful children for anything in the world. Ryan and I say were done having kids but every time I look at Emery (and it was the same with Adrianne when she was a baby) I think, gosh, I just can’t stop with one, or two as it is now. They’re just too sweet and perfect to only have two.
Another Topeka Visit.
10 years ago







You and me both, Lindsey! I can relate to everything here except for the stopping at two thing because I'm done, done, done.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being so open about all of this! And, if it makes you feel better, they did talk about most of this in the class I took. :)
ReplyDelete