Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Here are some great quotes I read on other people's blogs about motherhood that I wanted to share:

Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.  ~Elizabeth Stone

My baby is five. She falls asleep in my arms after the close of dinner prayers, us still seated at the table, and I hold her long after the Farmer has put the rest of the tribe to bed, her curls damp and etching into my skin and I don't move. Her face is turned toward mine, broad and open, eyelashes whisper of gold. I trace her lips, gentle curve of all things beautiful. The way her eyes danced today, soul light, the arch of her eyebrows and that lyrical laugh, heaven's echo that entirely undoes me. Her breath is warm on my face, all that is alive and warm and breathing inside of her now, falling upon me, and I can't capture it, hold it, this, her life now, me in this moment. She is leaving me, she's growing up and moving a way from me, and she stirs and I sweep back the crop of the golden ringlets. Stay, Little One, stay. Love's a deep wound and what is a mother without a child and why can't I hold on to now forever and her here and me here and why does time snatch away a heart I don't think mine can beat without? Why do we all have to grow old? Why do we have to keep saying good-bye?   ~Ann Voskamp

I am not a touchy-feely, hug giving person, therefore, I never thought I would be an over-affectionate, sometimes clingy, lovey-dovey mother. It's amazing what a child can do to you. I just cannot get enough of my daughter, Adrianne. Each morning and each afternoon when we wake up we have a big snuggle fest in her bed - we share hugs and kisses and sing and giggle - they are the best parts of my day. I am so attached to Adrianne that I miss her at night and have been known to sneak in and lay with her during the night and sometimes I even wake her up and bring her to bed with me because I miss her so much. I spend all day with her, how can I possibly miss her overnight? Silly kids, silly hormones.

This mother's day I am so thankful to be a mother. I am blessed with a wonderful little girl who lights up my life and another little boy on the way who is sure to bring us just as much joy. Who could ask for anything better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!