Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Trip To The Hospital

We made our first trip to the hospital this week. I had my 32 week appointment on Tuesday, everything measured well and his heart sounded good but the doctor couldn't figure out how he was positioned. So she started pushing on him a little and he started moving a lot! The doctor said I was having small contractions when he moved, but seemed to think they would stop when he stopped. Four+ hours went by and he hadn't stopped moving, and we're not talking small little kicks, no these felt like he was rearranging all my organs from inside my uterus. After four hours I was a little concerned that I was still having contractions and I was in quite a bit of pain and thought something might be wrong. We called the doctor and got sent to the hospital for observation. Bless the nurses and doctors at the hospital, because they hooked me up the machines and observed me for two hours and there were no contractions and the baby's heart rate was fine - they said he was happy and healthy and just very busy. They did check me while I was there and said I was 1 cm dilated and 30% effaced, which I thought was a little early to have any progress, but again, they didn't seem concerned. So home we went, with instructions to take a benedryl and hopefully that would calm him down enough that I could get some rest. He finally settled down at 1 am and began the brutal movement promptly at 8am the next morning. Maybe he's trying to get head down.

Hopefully this will be our only trip to the hospital until the big delivery day, 32 weeks was just too early to go to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!