Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Kansas State Fair

Last weekend we went to the Kansas State Fair with our friends, Julie & Gerry and their son Landon. Gerry is a pest control guy so he and Julie and had to work the Kansas Pest Control booth for a while at the beginning of the day. Ryan and I took Landon for a while to check out some of the exhibits and played in the kids area while they manned the booth. I have so much fun with Landon, I can't wait until Adrianne is that age and we can go explore and play together.


I can't remember the last time I went to the State Fair. We always used to go with my grandparents and I only remember eating chicken and noodles with them at a booth by one of the United Methodist Churches, oh yeah, and the cows. No chicken noodles this year, but we did see some cows, rabbits and llamas, oh my! My favorite food from the fair was the nitrogen ice cream, it was so smooth and creamy.


Another thing I really enjoyed at the fair was the different parks and wildlife booths. We picked up info on all the KS Nature areas and now have several road trips we'd like to take - the first being to Quivera Wildlife Area to see the whooping cranes and bald eagles later this fall/winter.


Can't say I will want to go back to the fair next year, it was a long, dirty day. But it was nice to spend a day with Ryan away and having some fun. I'd almost forgotten what that was like.

Lindsey & Landon
Helping Landon milk a cow

Okay, I love baby cows. I know they are called calves, but to me, they're baby cows. This cute little guy was born the day before our visit to the fair. His mom even let me climb in to their pin and cuddle with him. He's SO cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!