Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A New Heartbeat

Today was my first OB appointment. Sometimes at 10 weeks you can't hear the baby's heartbeat yet, but thankfully the doctor was able to find it today. I forgot how amazing it is to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time - it reminds me how good God is. I just sit and think about how less than two months ago there was nothing, and now there is a baby with a heartbeat in my belly. Only God can do that. It truly is amazing.

I was hoping for a sonogram today - Ryan and I both have twins that run in our families and I would really like to make sure there is only one baby in there. We did only hear one heartbeat but the doctor said that wasn't a guarantee that there is only one baby in there. Now we get to wait until I'm 16-18 weeks to get the first sonogram but at least we'll be able to tell the baby's sex at that point. I have no feelings whether it is a boy or a girl. With Adrianne, I knew it was a girl, I just knew. This time, nothing. I honestly don't care one way or another. A boy would be great, Ryan needs a little boy to do all those boy things he does with him. Another little girl would be nice because we have a basement full of baby girl clothes that I just can't bear to get rid of yet. I'm pretty excited to find out if it's a boy or a girl, then we can start picking names, planning a nursery and buying boy clothes if its a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!