Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving in Champaign, IL

I keep procrastinating on my Thanksgiving post and know I have several more posts to follow so we can be caught up on our blog. I was waiting to get a few more pictures from my mom from Thanksgiving but I'll just have to update this post again later. So our Thanksgiving went like this....

5 adults, one baby and one dog all piled in to a mini van full to the top with crap and drove 10 hours to Champaign to spend Thanksgiving with the Wheatley family.

Thanksgiving Day was a little crazy, but the food and family were wonderful. We played Wii and hung out all afternoon. Unfortunately my Aunt Mary and Uncle Roger were sick.

Mom and I did midnight madness Black Friday shopping at the outlet mall. It was the first time she had done crazy shopping on Black Friday. We waited in line at Carter's outlet for over an hour and then at The Children's Place for over and hour and a half. It was worth it, we got some GREAT deals! We got home about 4am and Mom turned around and went back out with my Aunt's at 6am. Crazy Lady! I went back out Friday afternoon for a little bit but I needed some sleep first.

Saturday we went to breakfast and then went to St. Joseph, IL to see my cousin Jason's family. They just had a baby girl, Reagan, a week before Thanksgiving. Reagan is so cute and has unusually long fingers! We had yummy pizza at Jeff & Susan's condo and then that evening my Uncle Jeff was baptised at the Mormon Church. It was a very weird ceremony, different than anything I've ever seen. But I'm so glad we got to support him on this big day.

Sunday we all piled back in the car, with even more crap and drove the 10 hours home. We seriously looked like a clown car every time we unloaded for a bathroom break.

Adrianne with my Grandpa & Grandma Wheatley

Aunt Judy and Aunt Mary ooohing and ahhing over Adrianne
(and she loved every minute of it!)

Adrianne & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!