Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall

It is hard to belive that it is already October. Where did summer go? I woke up this morning and could hardly crawl out of bed because our house was SO cold. The thermometer was reading 45 degrees outside and a whoping 67 degrees inside. Brrrr! I am usually a big fan of fall, I love the leaves changing colors, cooler weather, sweaters, pumpkin pie and apple cider - all those great fally things; but this year it's been a little harder for me to say goodbye to summer. I am not quite ready to put away my flip flops and trade them in for socks and shoes.
Fall also reminds me of change and that is definitely happening in our household. We have been working all week to get our house ready to put on the market. I know, it seems like we just moved in. We've decided that it's really important for me to get to stay home with Adrianne and in order for that to happen we need to find a house that is less expensive. We'd also really like to be able to take a vacation every now and then and that just can't happen where we are. It was a very difficult decision, but we know that once we make the big move we won't regret it. The thing that will be hardest about moving will be leaving all our wonderful neighbors, we couldn't have asked to move in next door to greater people. We're looking at staying on the west side of town, so hopefully we can still make it over on Friday nights to hang out with the neighbors. So, big news, tough decisions, a change, but all for the good.

1 comment:

  1. kids... you've made a tough decision that may not be popular with the "world" but one that you will never regret. you are such good parents....we couldn't be more proud of you. m/d w

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!