Saturday, April 25, 2009

Brewing Day

A year or so ago Ryan took up a new hobby and started brewing his own beer. He's made maybe 6 or 7 of his own batches and so far they've been pretty good. Today Ryan was brewing a Dunkelweisen and it will be ready in about 8 weeks, just in time for 4th of July celebrations!
I hate brewing day. When Ryan brews, it takes most of the day and boy, does my house stink! Today we were able to open up all the windows and doors so that helped get rid of the hopps smell a lot faster. If we can't open up the windows, my house stinks like beer for at least a week, it makes me sick.
The neighbors are enjoying Ryan's home brews and they're starting to show interest in trying to make their own beer. This morning, Lee came over to see what all is involved in brewing and will probably help Ryan with his next brew. I bet Lee brews his first batch before the end of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!