Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Grandpa Boyer

My Grandpa Boyer passed away this morning, he lived to be two days short of 90 years old. What a long amazing life he had. Grandpa grew up in Kingman,KS and was the last out of 14 children. He left home at 16 to serve in the navy where he met my Grandmother who he's shared in 66 years of marriage. They have two children, five grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. After the navy, Grandpa worked for Boeing until he retired. After retirement, he and my grandmother bought a motorhome and started "camping". They took us grandkids camping with them every chance they got; these are some of my fondest memories of my grandparents. Grandpa and Grandma were very active in all our lives, never missing a recital, choir concert, sporting event or birthday party - they were always there. Grandpa was so proud of his family and even in the last few days of his life, he was bragging to the hospital staff about us.

Grandpa, you taught me so much and are one of the greatest people I've ever known. I'm so thankful that I got to spend so much time with you. You may be gone from our lives but you'll never be gone from our hearts, Grandpa. We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!