Friday, January 9, 2009

Hives!

Ellie was out in the backyard yesterday playing, and I'm not sure what she got into, but she was allergic to whatever it was. When she came back inside her face was swollen so bad her left eye was barely open and she had hives all over her body. I gave her a benedryl hoping that would help - it did make the swelling in her face go away but not the hives. I thought we'd see what happened overnight, and this morning I woke up to this:


$120 and a couple bottles of medicene later, Ellie's hives are almost gone and she will be fine. Now if only we could figure out what in the heck she got into in the backyard.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! I'm glad she's okay! Scary. You're a brave mom. Smart thinking with the benedryl. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one!